Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Times are changing

The internet is changing the view on politics in many ways.

In my opinion before the internet, politics were less open to the public, mainly for people who were in poltical party.

Nowadays because of the internet I think that the public is more and more interested in politics, because it‘s more open to them. You can find all sorts of blogsites and many different type of author‘s with different view on the same subject. And for the people who are not interested they don‘t have to read it.

I also do think that with communications websites, like Facebook it‘s easier for the public to have a say, to gather a public protest or to have open meetings.

3 comments:

  1. How beneficial to democracy, or simply to an ideal of a better society, is this openness though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is also what I was thinking. Yes it is true that the now people can write their opinions more freely, but those are opinions which we must read with that in mind, opinions are not necessarily truth.
    Also with facebook as an example, you see how people can be influenced by other peoples opinions, and how they like pushing it onto others.

    I do think though that it is more openness than before the internet came along, people have always found ways to push their opinions onto others whether using the internet or not.

    Lilja

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Lilja. It's amazing how easy it seems to influence people on facebook. Don't you have friends on fb that share endless count of political stories? I welcome all opinions from my friends on facebook but some of them really need to calm down on the posts. By that I mean no more than 2 political stories or statuses per day! hahaha

    I'd like to share this comic with you, one of my favorite: http://i.imgur.com/T8vK5.jpg

    WikiFriends! :)
    Ingi

    ReplyDelete