Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wake up and smell the coffee!

After wondering about the affect the Internet has on politics, I thought to myself that our political community would be a lot different if the Internet had never been invented. You might ask why? In my opinion the internet has become a major factor in making our unheard voices loud. Before the time of the World Wide Web the opinions of the citizens were often ignored by politicians between elections.

But now the Internet has proven to be a great scene for people to express their opinion on different political matters. After doing so many people gain followers, and that group of people can in some cases become a pressure group which can affect political scenarios in our society. This often starts with blog sites that people later post to their wall on Facebook or Twitter. It is amazing how fast the word spreads on the web, and people are more often less shy to speak their mind through their computers.

So I recommend to all people to wake up, smell the coffee and start using the Internet to speak their minds.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm... coffee.
    I think I'm gonna go watch some animal vs animal videos on youtube now.

    Or to put it another way, good damned point. The role and use of the internet in recent developments in the Arab world really do put to shame the use we make of it in the West.

    Of course the freedom to waste our time doing whatever we damned well please on the internet is one of the freedoms that we think are worth defending. Although putting it that way is just a little depressing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valid point my fellow blogger!
    I will most definitely smell my coffee.

    Hanna Ragnheiður

    ReplyDelete